Cilantro Lime Chicken Cacciatore
Author: Kristen Barkley
This simple dish is fresh and delicious with hints of lime, cilantro, and garlic.
- 1 T minced garlic
- ½ c freshly squeezed lime juice, divided
- 3 T chopped cilantro
- 2 T olive oil
- 5 medium- sized Roma tomatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- sea salt, to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Heat sauté pan to medium. Add olive oil, garlic, cilantro, and ¼ c of lime juice and simmer 4-6 minutes.
- While simmering, pour remaining lime juice over chicken and let stand 1-2 minutes.
- Season chicken with salt, paprika, and chili powder.
- Add seasoned chicken to the pan and brown (about 3 minutes on each side).
- Add tomatoes and cook over medium-high heat until chicken is cooked through
- ~ 5 minutes (internal temperature reaches 165F.)