Chicken with Garlic Verdure Sauce
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
A savory chicken dish is packed with veggies and has a delicious flavor certain to please anyone.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1.5 cups plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup onion
- 1 Tbsp red wine
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 Tbsp celery
- 1 Tbsp red pepper
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Sauté the minced garlic in the olive oil until golden brown. Pour off olive oil into a bowl and reserve for later use.
- In the same pan, sauté the seasoned breasts over medium heat on both sides until done. Remove garlic and breasts from pan and reserve for later use.
- Add half the olive oil back and slowly sauté plum tomatoes until tender by gently rolling, remove and out aside with the chicken and garlic.
- Now, in order, sauté the onions, celery, pepper, and mushrooms, add the wine and 1 Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and reduce until almost dry, finish by adding tomato sauce and season to taste with sea salt and pepper.