Chicken Fajita Salad
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish, Salads
This chicken fajita salad is simple to prepare yet bursts with flavor from fresh, wholesome ingredients.
- 1½ lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ⅓ c olive oil
- Juice of 3 limes (~ ⅓ c)
- 3 T fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 t red chili flakes
- ¼ t ground cumin
- 1 t sea salt
- 2 T clarified pasture butter or ghee
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 c chopped romaine
- 2 c chopped leaf lettuce
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Dr. Brown approved salsa or homemade, optional
- In a food processor, add olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, chili flakes, cumin and salt. Pulse to chop cilantro and combine.
- In a large ziploc, add chicken thighs and marinade.
- Marinade for at least 4 hours but up to 24 hours.
- Remove chicken from bag and add to hot grill or grill pan.
- Cook until browned and internal temp has reached 165F.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and add peppers and onion. Cook over low-medium heat until softened.
- Remove from heat.
- Wash and prepare lettuce.
- Top with chicken, peppers and onions, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, and salsa if desired.