Cajun Chicken Soup
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Soup
This spicy Cajun Chicken Soup combines delicious vegetables like peppers, onions, and okra with hearty meats to create a filling and tasty main dish!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 lb turkey kielbasa, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- ½ c chopped celery
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 16 oz frozen okra, sliced
- 1 jar diced tomatoes
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 T Cajun seasoning
- 1 T olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In large skillet heat olive oil and cook kielbasa.
- Remove from heat and add chicken, seasoned with salt and pepper to taste, to skillet.
- Brown well on both sides.
- Add kielbasa and chicken to crockpot.
- In remaining grease, add onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic to pan and sauté with 1 T chicken broth, scraping bottom of skillet.
- Add veggie mixture to crockpot along with diced tomatoes, okra, chicken broth, and Cajun seasoning.
- Cook on high for 4 hrs or low for 8.