Beef Fajita Salad
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish, Salads
Fajita beef and peppers atop your favorite greens makes for the perfect blend of healthy and tasty!
- 2 lbs sliced fajita meat
- 4 C mixed green salad
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced thin
- 1 medium red onion sliced thin
- 1 red bell sliced
- 1 green bell sliced
- 1 yellow sliced
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 2 avocados
- 6 oz Dr. Brown approved salsa
- 1½ cups pico
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 T cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large ziplock add sliced meat, lime juice, salsa, cumin, chili powder salt and pepper.
- Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 24.
- Rinse lettuce and allow to dry or spin dry.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil. Add onions and peppers and season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow to cool down and become translucent.
- Add meat to skillet and stir.
- Cook until meat reaches desired wellness.
- Plate lettuce and top with fajita mixture, pico and avocado.
- Serve with salsa or favorite dressing.