Baked Apple Cups
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Dessert
This paleo dessert with walnuts, apples, cinnamon and honey is the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth while not compromising your real food goals!
- 2 Fiji or Honeycrisp apples
- 1 T pasture butter
- 1½ t cinnamon
- 3 T organic raw honey, local if available
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 T coconut milk, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter in small skillet on medium-high heat.
- Wash and halve apples.
- Use a 1 inch melon ball scooper to remove seeding and create a small cup/ bowl.
- Sprinkle each half with a dash of cinnamon.
- Place cup side down into the skillet with melted butter.
- Heat 3-5 minutes until apples become fragrant.
- Remove from skillet and place on a foil lined pan, cup side up.
- Fill each half with walnuts, and drizzle with honey.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes or until apples are tender.
- While apples are baking, mix remaining cinnamon (about ½ t) with coconut milk.
- When apples are tender, remove from oven.
- Plate them and drizzle with a little more honey and cinnamon coconut milk.