All American Apple Berry Pie
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Dessert
This All American Apple Berry Pie is not only beautiful it's also so tasty! You'd never guess its paleo!
- ¼c paleo flour mix
- 1 c cassava flour
- 1 stick of pasture butter
- 1 egg
- ½ T maple syrup
- ¼ c cold water
- 1 Granny Smith or honey crisp apple sliced
- ½ c blueberries
- ½ c blackberries
- 1 c sliced strawberries
- ½ c raspberries
- 2½ t arrowroot powder
- 3½ T maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Sift flours into a large mixing bowl.
- Add stick of butter and blend into crumbles.
- Add maple syrup and cold water.
- Beat with mixer.
- Form in ball and roll out on parchment paper.
- Add a light dusting of cassava flour to prevent sticking.
- Roll onto pin and lay over pie pan.
- Press evenly into pan and cut and remove hangover.
- Cut out stars or decorations with remaining dough and set aside.
- Bake for 5 minutes and remove.
- Lay sliced apple On top of pie crust in a flat layer.
- In a sauce pot add blackberries, blueberries, 1 t arrowroot powder, 1½ T maple syrup and heat over medium heat.
- Stir frequently.
- Allow it to reach a boil and remove from heat.
- In another sauce pan add strawberries, raspberries, remaining maple syrup, arrowroot powder and cook over medium heat. Allow it to reach boil and remove from heat.
- Add a piece of folded foil to ⅓ part of pie dish and pour blueberry mixture to small side. Pour strawberry mixture to the other side and remove foil.
- Add remaining pie crust cut outs.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove and allow to set and cool.