Spinach Side Salad
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Side Dish
Spinach is such a nutrient dense leaf and it's delicious too, especially when paired with bacon, nuts, cranberries, and cheese!
- 4 c spinach
- 4 strips of turkey bacon
- ½ c Manchego cheese, shredded
- ¼ c pure maple syrup
- 1 c whole walnuts
- ½ small red onion, sliced to ⅛-1/4 inch
- ¼ c dried cranberries
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- ¼ c Balsamic dressing
- aluminum foil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place bacon on a baking sheet lined with foil and cook in oven for about 20 mins or until crispy, turning over halfway through cook time.
- While bacon is cooking, arrange walnuts on a baking sheet. Drizzle with maple syrup and put in the oven between 5-7 minutes or until caramelized. Watch them carefully because burning can occur quickly.
- Place spinach into a large salad bowl.
- Top with crumbled bacon, cheese, walnuts, red onion, avocado, and cranberries.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar dressing, and serve.