Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breast
Author: Kristen Barkley
This Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe is a beautiful dish that is perfect for special occasions and family meals. Customize the stuffing with spices, nuts or ingredients that you may prefer more to spice it up!
- 4 T Olive Oil
- ½ c Onion, chopped
- 6 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 c Spinach
- ¼ c Fresh Basil
- 4 T Sun-Dried Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 t Lemon Pepper
- 1 c Crumbled Goat Cheese or sheep cheese
- 6 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- In medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil; add in and cook onion and garlic over medium heat for 4 minutes. Mix in spinach, basil, sundried tomatoes, pine nuts and 2 teaspoon lemon pepper. Cook additional 3 minutes until spinach is wilted. Mix in feta cheese and set aside.
- Begin preheating the oven to 350°.
- Slice the chicken breasts along one side to create a pocket in order to place the stuffing.
- Brush the chicken with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with lemon pepper. Place in large glass dish and bake in oven at 350°F for 25 minutes until done.
- Let sit for 2-3 minutes before serving.