Pesce Italiano with Tomato and Onions
Author: Kristen Barkley
This healthy and flavorful Pesce Italiano with Tomato and Onions is an easy to cook meal that tastes like it came straight from your favorite Italian restaurant! Try substituting the wine for chicken stock and adding extra flavors to match your taste!
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced or minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian seasoned diced tomatoes
- ½ c black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley
- ½ t fresh basil
- ½ c dry white wine
- 4 (4 oz) white fish fillets or choice (we used cod)
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until softened.
- Stir in tomatoes, olives, parsley, basil, and wine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place fillets in sauce. Simmer for about 5 more minutes, or until fish turns white, and serve immediately.