Grilled Chicken Cranberry Pecan Salad
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
A light and refreshing, yet filling, grilled chicken salad bursting with flavor from the combing of flavors of balsamic, cranberries, and maple syrup crusted pecans!
- 8 cup mixed field greens
- 1 c Dr. Brown approved cheese
- ¼ c pure maple syrup
- 1 c whole pecans
- 1 small red onion, sliced to ⅛-1/4 inch
- ¼ c dried cranberries
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- ¼ c Balsamic dressing
- 4 Grilled Chicken Breasts, sliced into strips
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange pecans on a baking sheet. Drizzle with maple syrup and put in the oven between 5-7 minutes or until caramelized. Watch pecans carefully because burning can occur quickly.
- Arrange field greens into a large salad bowl.
- Top with cheese, pecans, red onion, avocado, cranberries, and grilled chicken.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar dressing, and serve.