Cream of Tomato Soup
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Soup
This paleo creamy tomato soup is a delicious version of a classic recipe.
- 6 Ripe Tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 1½ cups)
- 1 c coconut milk
- 1 t Crushed Garlic (1 clove)
- ½ t Onion Powder
- ½ t Sea Salt
- 1 Ripe Avocado, chopped
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ c Minced Fresh Basil
- Place the tomatoes, coconut milk, garlic, onion powder, and sea salt in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add avocado and olive oil and blend again until smooth.
- Mix in the basil.
- Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator. May also be served warm by heating in a pot if desired.
*Adapted from the book Maximized Living Nutrition Plans by Dr. B.J. Hardick, Kimberly Roberto and Dr. Ben Lerner.