Chicken Tortilla - Less Soup
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This spicy chicken soup is to die for ... you'll be surprised that you don't miss the tortillas!
- 2 lbs chicken, white or dark meat
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 4 oz cans diced medium chillies
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 15 oz jars/cans diced tomatoes
- ½ c chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 large sliced jalapeño
- Place above ingredients in crockpot on high for 4 hrs or low for 8.
- When cooked I find the easiest way to shred chicken is to remove chicken and place in bowl and use a beater to shred, or just shred chicken with two forks.
- Place shredded chicken back in crockpot and stir.
- Dish into bowls and top with jalapeño slices.