Cajun Cabbage & Sausage
Author: Kristen Barkley
Cajun cabbage & sausage, or as our family calls it Consonant-O, has been a staple dish of ours since I can remember, one that my mother used to cook and we now cook regularly as well. The flavors meld perfectly and the cajun seasoning gives it just enough kick!
- 1 t Olive Oil
- 1 thinly sliced Sweet Potato
- 3-4 chopped Carrots
- ½ thinly sliced Large White Onion
- ½ head of Cabbage
- 1 pound of sliced Turkey Sausage links
- 1 c Water
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- Spread olive oil on the bottom of the electric skillet and layer the sliced potatoes, followed layering the carrots, then onions, cabbage and topping with the sliced sausage.
- Pour water over the top and sprinkle Cajun seasoning to sparingly to taste.
- Cover and cook without stirring at 350° for 30 minutes until potatoes brown on bottom.
- Remove, mix and serve.