Author: Kristen Barkley
This creamy avocado salmon is packed full of good fats and loaded with amazing flavor!
- 2 Large Avocados, cut and peeled
- 3 T Freshly Squeezed Lemon or Lime Juice
- 3-4 T Olive Oil
- 1 T Minced Shallots or Green Onion
- 1 T Minced Parsley
- 1 t Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1½ lbs Salmon Fillets
- 2 T Coconut Oil
- Put avocado pieces and lime juice into a food processor or blender and pulse until blended.
- Slowly add olive oil, pulsing, until you reach desired consistency of sauce.
- Add minced shallots (or green onions) and parsley, pulse just until combined.
- Remove to a bowl, add mustard, salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat the bottom of a sauté pan with coconut oil, heat on medium high until melted.
- Season both sides of the salmon fillets with salt and pepper, and carefully lay the salmon into the pan, skin side down.
- Cook the salmon for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the salmon.
- Drizzle the avocado sauce over the salmon or on the plate, and then place salmon on top, and serve.