Almond Chicken Tenders
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
These grainless "breaded" chicken tenders hold together great and are super yummy!
- 1½ lb chicken breasts or tenders
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ c almond flour
- 1 t sea salt
- ½ t paprika
- ½ t dried basil
- ½ t dried parsley
- olive oil for frying
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and beat slightly
- Mix together almond flour, salt and herbs in a medium bowl.
- Pat chicken dry and cut into tenders.
- Coat chicken pieces in beaten egg, and allow excess to drip off.
- Place egg-coated pieces into almond mixture and coat thoroughly.
- Place on a plate while oil heats.
- Add about ¼ inch of oil to a heavy frying pan and heat to medium-high heat.
- Fry coated pieces, in two batches, for a few minutes on each side or until golden brown and internal temperature has reached 165F.
Adapted from http://www.paleofood.com/chicst.htm#macnuggets