Ginger Beef Stir Fry
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This Asian ginger beef stir fry is very tasty, simple, and healthy!
- 5 T coconut aminos
- 1 T grated ginger
- 2 T raw, local honey
- 1 T red chili flakes, optional
- 1 t cumin
- 2 lb top sirloin steak
- 1 T arrowroot powder
- 2 T cold water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil (optional)
- 2-3 jalapeño
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 T minced ginger
- ½ cup loosely packed, chopped cilantro
- 3 T white wine vinegar
- 3-4 green onions, cut in ¼ inch pieces
- Chill the steak in the freezer for 30 minutes before you slice it, this will make it easier to cut in thin slices. Slice the steak first crosswise in ½-inch thick slices. The cut each slice lengthwise into strips.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients; the coconut aminos, grated ginger, honey, red chile flakes if desired, and cumin.
- Mix the beef in with the marinade to coat and let it sit for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours in the fridge.
- In a small bowl, mix the arrowroot powder with 2 tablespoons of cold water to make a slurry.
- Heat the oil in a wok, or a large sauté pan, over high heat until it is nearly smoking.
- Add all beef to hot oil using tongs to drain off excess marinade. Brown beef well.
- When all of the beef is cooked, put the jalapeño and garlic into the pan and 1 T minced ginger and cilantro and stir-fry 30-45 seconds.
- Add the arrowroot slurry and mix well.
- Add white wine vinegar.
- Add the green onions and mix everything together.
- Cook for 1 minute.
Adapted from http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/stir_fry_ginger_beef/