Orange Honey Marmalade
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Sauces and Dips
This orange marmalade recipe uses real food ingredients and is just as tasty as the traditional recipes that use processed sugar.
- 2 lg oranges
- 1 lg lemon
- 3 T raw honey
- 1 cup dry pitted dates
- ⅛ t baking soda
- 1 T pasture butter
- Peel 1 orange and lemon rind.
- Slice in half and into thin stripes.
- Place in hot Pot with 1T melted butter.
- Stir frequently and cook for about 3-5 minutes over medium heat. It should become very fragrant.
- Add diced meat of both oranges and lemon and baking soda.
- Allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes, and stir frequently to make sure it doesnt burn.
- In a food processor, blend pitted dates and ½ cup hot water. You may need to add a little extra water. You want it to have the consistency of syrup.
- Pour date mixture into pot and mix well.
- Add 3 T of honey and stir.
- Allow to cook another 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Pour while hot into mason jar.
- Allow to cool to room temp before placing in the fridge.