Author: Kristen Barkley
- 1.5 c Tomato Sauce
- ¼ t Cumin
- ¼ t Garlic
- ¼ t Oregano
- 1 T Chili Powder
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 1.5 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 t Minced Garlic
- 1 - 4.5 oz can Green Chilis
- 1 t Cumin
- 1 t Paprika
- 1 t Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ c Beef Broth
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Small Diced Green Bell Pepper
- 2 c Shredded Manchego Cheese or goat cheddar
- 12 (6 inch paleo tortillas -- we like the Siete brand)
- 3 T Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Avocado Diced
- 1 Diced Roma Tomato
- Pre heat oven 400f
- Combine the tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic, and oregano in a small bowl until smooth~ this is your enchilada sauce.
- Heat olive oil.
- Add garlic, onion, green chilis, 1 T cilantro and beef to pan and brown.
- Add cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes. stir in well and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add beef broth and reduce. Cook out juice.
- Add 1 cup enchilada sauce mixture to large bowl and stir in meat mixture, let rest for a few minutes.
- Pour ½ remaining enchilada sauce into casserole dish and cover bottom.
- Lay tortilla on flat surface scoop a large helping of meat mixture into tortilla and roll. Lay seam side down in casserole dish. Repeat process until complete.
- Cover with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes
- garnish with avocado, cilantro and tomato serve immediately.