Author: Kristen Barkley
These beef "tacos" are wrapped in butter lettuce and packed with veggies making them the perfect paleo substitute when you are craving that southwest flavor!
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 3 carrots, cut into ⅛” discs
- 1 T ground cumin
- 1 cup Dr. Brown approved jarred salsa
- 3 limes
- 1 c cilantro, chopped
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- ¼ c purple onion, diced
- ¼ c olives, sliced
- 1 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado, sliced
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 T olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the ground beef, carrots, cumin and about ½ cup of the salsa.
- Stir the mixture together and crumble the beef with a spatula.
- Once the meat is browned, squeeze in the juice of about 2 limes, add about ½ cup cilantro, and stir to mix.
- Spoon meat mixture into the butter lettuce leaves.
- Top with salsa, purple onion, cilantro, lime, olives, tomatoes, and sliced avocados.